Social Work Services
The Patient Care Management Department provides case management, discharge planning and clinical social services for each hospitalized patient. Many illnesses and injuries involve emotional, financial or social problems or concerns. This department provides services to patients of all ages and diagnoses.
Case Management functions include:
Return to the Patient Guide.
- Review patient cases for medical necessity and appropriateness
- Obtain insurance certifications
- Coordinate cost-effective resource utilization with physicians and hospital staff
- Coordinate delivery of care and services to ensure that patients receive timely and proper coordination of care
- Implement Collaborative Practice Guidelines for selected patient diagnosis
- Assess and plan for patient/family needs for discharge, referral and/or transfer
- Facilitate discharge when patient is ready and coordinate post-discharge care to meet patient needs
- Provide patients and families with psychosocial support services including: Crisis Intervention Situational Counseling and Referral to Community Agencies
- Provide social work services specific to each patient care unit